CAREC Country Office in the Republic of Uzbekistan
The CAREC representative office in Uzbekistan was established in 2003 in Tashkent.
To represent CAREC in Uzbekistan and carry out the mission of CAREC in accordance with the Charter of CAREC and national priorities in the sphere of environmental protection and management.
1. Legal basis :
The country office of CAREC in Uzbekistan has been registered by the Ministry of Justice on 2 April 2005 as a representative of the international non-profit organization.
- Presentation of CAREC in Uzbekistan and assist in the implementation of CAREC`s regional and national programmes and projects, which meet respective national priorities the sphere of environmental protection;
- Capacity building (seminars and workshops) for specialists of governmental organizations, representatives of businesses and other sectors;
- Promote public involvement in decision-making process in the field of environmental protection;
- Pursue dialogue between public authorities, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders;
- Promote regional cooperation between governments, government agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Involvement of entrepreneurs and industry representatives in addressing environmental problems.
Address: 7 Bunyodkor ave, office 217
Director: Shakhnoza Umarova
Phone: +998 71 277 37 87