CAREC Country Office in Kyrgyzstan
The branch of the Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC) in the Kyrgyz Republic was established in 2002 in Bishkek city.
To represent the Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia in the Kyrgyz Republic and to implement the mission of the Regional Environmental Centre in Central Asia in accordance with the Charter of CAREC and the rules and regulations on branches.
1. The legal basis for activity in the Kyrgyz Republic:
- Agreement between the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Commission of the European Communities and UN Development Programme “On working modalities of the CAREC branch office in the Kyrgyz Republic ” signed on 12 July 2002.
-Law on the ratification of the agreement “On working modalities of the CAREC branch office in the Kyrgyz Republic” approved by the Parliament of the Kyrgyz Republic and signed by the President of the Kyrgyz Republic on 15 January 2003.
- The CAREC Branch in the Kyrgyz Republic was accredited with Ministry of the Kyrgyz Republic as an international organization on 2 March 2004.
- implementation the regional programme of the CAREC in Kyrgyzstan;
- support to initiatives in Kyrgyzstan focused on enhancement and rehabilitation of the environment and sustainable development,
- support and dissemination of the education for sustainable development,
- development of partnerships with donors for development of the branch office, programmes and projects,
- cooperation with NGOs, government organizations and business structures in the field of environmental protection,
- implementation of information programme of the CAREC, on environmental protection and sustainable development between government, non-government and international organizations,
- involvement in the development of information ecological networks.
- As part of the CAREC, the CAREC branch in the Kyrgyz Republic, takes active part in implementation and development of CAREC’s overall strategy;
- The CAREC branch in the Kyrgyz Republic participates in all programmes and projects of the CAREC, involves government, non-government and international organizations in its activities in the field of environmental protection.
Address: 3B Tolstoy str., 720005
Director: Meder Seitkasymov
Phone: + 996 312 54 38 76