The Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC) announces an open competition for the position of Deputy Chief of Party in Smart Waters
Deputy Chief of Party is a second key position in Smart Waters Project to provide technical backstopping and to facilitate the project implementation in Central Asia countries and Afghanistan and steer and manage project team in absence of Chief of Party (CoP).
About Smart Waters
Smart Waters project supports USAID Central Asia regional mission’s Development Objective on “Enhanced Regional Cooperation on Shared Water Resources” and being implemented by CAREC in six countries of Central Asian Region: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
The main goal of the project is to address the knowledge dis-lock in the region in water sector, build working relations among water managers and specialists, and demonstrate the potential of the basin management approach and cooperation with the academia.
Key responsibilities Deputy Chief of Party:
- Support CoP to implement of the regional project activities according to the work plan;
- Preparation of progress reports (be-weekly, quarterly and annual reports);
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of project activities with CAREC Country Offices in Central Asian countries and Afghanistan, as well as for reporting;
- Together with CoP develop the strategic vision of the project implementation and work plans;
- Also, DCoP will be responsible for the project implementation when the CoP will be out of the office.
Knowledge management/professional development
DCoP will contribute in a demonstrable manner to the development of knowledge, approaches, methods and techniques. He/she must actively contribute to sharing his/her knowledge with project team, partners and colleagues.
Please see ToR for detailed requirements here.
Learn more about the project here.