January 17 – Bishkek – Kyrgyzstan – CAREC Country Office for Kyrgyzstan and Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Protected Areas under the Ministry of Natural Resources, Ecology and Technical Supervision of the Kyrgyz Republic (MNRETS) signed the Memorandum of Cooperation.
The document was signed by the acting Director of the CAREC Country Office for Kyrgyzstan, Kuban Matraimov and the Director of the Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Protected Areas under MNRETS, Emilbek Ibraev.
Emilbek Ibraev noted that the document would contribute to joint efforts in the fields of biodiversity conservation, ecosystems conservation and sustainable use.
“Memorandum will help Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Protected Areas under MNRETS fulfill commitments within Convention on Biological Diversity and achieve results within environmental conventions and its protocols,” said Emilbek Ibraev, the Director of the Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Protected Areas under MNRETS.
Kuban Matraimov, for his part, said the document signed today would provide significant input into the development of the single informational space of environmental protection and natural resource management at the national level.
“The Memorandum will enlarge the joint participation and cooperation between CAREC and MNRETS within regional and international processes of the environmental conventions,” said Kuban Matraimov, the acting Director of the CAREC Country Office for Kyrgyzstan.
The key aspects of cooperation:
· Strategic programs design and development plans for biodiversity conservation and sustainable use;
· Promotion of the regional programs and projects on complex use of natural resources, environmental protection and sustainable development;
· Assistance in establishing the single national informational system and database of the environmental conventions;
· Capacity building of the specialists – ecologists and experts on biodiversity conservation and sustainable use;
· The attraction of investments for transboundary cooperation
The Memorandum is in effect for three years with possible extension and provides for cooperation in other areas of mutual interest.
Contact person – Kuban Matraimov, acting Director of CAREC Country Office for Kyrgyzstan, email@example.com