Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia ( CAREC) participating in the 23 th Economic and Environmental Forum of the OSCE, from 14 to 16 September 2015 in Prague (Czech Republic).
The representative meeting "Water Management in the OSCE region: Developing the security and stability through cooperation" involving the delegation of OSCE member states, partner countries, a number of global and regional international organizations, academic and business communities.
The Forum is focused on the following topics:
· Advantages of an efficient water management at various levels;
· Water Governance: water-food-energy-ecosystems-nexus in the sustainable development;
· Water resources management at national level - best practices, new approaches in the OSCE area and Lessons for Water Diplomacy at transboundary level.
· Promoting efficient water management on emerging environmental issues;
· Water management for effective natural disasters risk reduction;
· Enhancing civil society and the private sector participation and increasing awareness for the efficient water management.
On the 15th of September, in the fifth session of the Forum held a discussion "Promoting an efficient Water Governance within new environmental challenges" with the participation of invited experts. In this session executive director of CAREC Iskandar Abdullaev speaks on "Adaptation to the new environmental challenges at the local level". Also in today's session discussed the theme "Water resources in the context of the agenda due to global climate change" and "Adaptation to the new environmental challenges within the transboundary river basins.
The forum will adopt a recommendation package to States parties and OSCE executive structures.
The previous forum meeting attended by 46 countries representatives , including all five Central Asian states, as well as 16 international organizations (WTO, WMO, WHO, FAO, UNECE, IAEA, UNDP, UNEP, ESCAP, UNICEF, OECD, the World Bank, OPEC, etc.), several NGOs. The meetings discussed the mechanisms and approaches for the effective water resource management, cooperation development in the field of water, study the experience of European countries for the implementation of water reforms.
Detailed information about the forum is available HERE