The collection of applications for the photo contest "50 Images of the Consequences of Climate Change" was over on January 16, 2018. The contest was held from December 4, 2017, to January 15, 2018.
We remind you that the contest was held in the following categories:
· The role of women in the sustainable use of natural resources in a changing climate
· The impact of climate change on glaciers and water resources in Central Asia
· The impact of climate change on the welfare of the rural population in Central Asia
At the end, 156 approved works were given for jury's consideration. We thank everyone for wonderful works and for interest in photo contest theme!
Our jury has already started to work, from January 16 to 20 they will select 50 best works. And they will be presented at the photo exhibition during the Central Asian Conference on Climate Change from 24 to 25 January 2018 in Almaty.
The jury members are:
Travel-photographer - Ulan Alimbek
Film documentary and photographer from Uzbekistan - Umida Ahmedova
Photographer - Bahriddin Isamutdinov
Chief Public Relations Specialist in the World Bank Regional Office for Central Asia - Assel Pai
Manager of the Department of Knowledge Management, Projects and Resources of CAREC - Shahboz Ahmedov
In addition, in each of the three categories, the jury will identify winners, which will be awarded valuable prizes during the conference.
The works are evaluated according to the following criteria:
· The plot of the photo corresponds to the determined nomination
· Technical quality of a photo
· Competent compositional solution
· Concept, imagery, originality
· Originality of the name of the photo
Winners will be announced on January 20th! Stay tuned to our website and social networks!