Verify the clock before the Sixth Meeting of EU-Central Asia Working Group on Environment and Climate Change
On May 18-19 2017, CAREC hosts a meeting with the representatives of the five Central Asian countries, the European Union (EU) Delegation and international financial institutions: the World Bank (WB), the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
The main purpose of the meeting is to identify priority directions for promoting sustainable, climate-resilient investments in water, energy, food and environmental security in the region.
In particular, the participants will discuss:
- The needs of the countries of the region in infrastructure projects
- Financing conditions and selection criteria for investment projects that apply to different financial institutions
- Regional projects of the European Union and plans for the next two years
The meeting takes place in the context of preparations for the Sixth Meeting of EU-Central Asia Working Group on Environment and Climate Change. The meeting will be held on July 10-11 in Astana within the framework of EXPO-2017.
- Identification of priority directions for infrastructure investment
- Identification of opportunities for inter-sectoral planning of investment projects
- Presentation of the Project "Central Asia Nexus Dialogue project: Fostering Water, energy and food security Nexus Dialogue, and Multi-Sector Investment" (Nexus) and discussion with the Central Asian countries for identification of priority directions in each country
- Getting recommendations for the draft agenda of the Sixth Meeting of EU-Central Asia Working Group on Environment and Climate Change