National consultative meetings on promoting intersectoral cooperation in Central Asia countries
In, 2017, national consultative meetings will be held to promote intersectoral cooperation in addressing the problems of environmental protection and sustainable development in the countries of Central Asia. The first will take place on June 15 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
The objective of the meeting is to start the discussion on opportunities for development of intersectoral cooperation in Central Asia in order to reach rational use of resources, attract sustainable investments and, finally to achieve water, energy, food and ecosystem security in the region.
Participants: representatives of public, non-governmental, business and expert community involved into water, land, energy and nature resource management, as well as attracting investment and financing government programmes.
- Discussion of Nexus approach as an opportunity to reduce resource consumption and increase attractiveness of projects for development funds and investors
- Discussion of intersectoral cooperation in the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Inform about the main results and findings of Nexus related studies and activities implemented in other regions
- Discuss opportunities provided by the project "Central Asia Nexus Dialogue project: Fostering Water, Energy and Food Security Nexus Dialogues and Multi-Sector Investments" and receive recommendations on it implementation.
- Identify project partners and following activities in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Dates of consultative meetings in other Central Asian countries:
June 23, 2017 - Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan
July 05, 2017 - Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
August 14, 2017 - Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
November 15, 2017 - Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
National consultations are arranged in the framework of «Central Asia Nexus Dialogue project: Fostering Water, Energy and Food Security Nexus Dialogues and Multi-Sector Investments" (#NexusCentralAsia).
The project is funded by the European Union and implementing CAREC in cooperation with International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
In case you need more information please contact:
Balzhan Zhumagazina, CAREC, firstname.lastname@example.org, +7 (7172) 265 43 33 (ext. 187)