CAREC plans to participate COP 23
The twenty-third session of the Conference of the Parties to UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 23) will take place from 6-17 November in Bonn, Germany and will be presided over by the Government of Fiji.
According to the provisional agenda of the Conference, important decisions would be taken for the implementation process of Paris Agreement, which includes considering of the following:
- Warsaw International Mechanism for Loss and Damage associated with Climate Change Impacts.
- Development and transfer of technologies and implementation of the Technology Mechanism
- Matters relating to finance (financial mechanism and guidance)
- Capacity-building under the Convention
- Assessment of the technical examination processes on mitigation and adaptation.
CAREC through its “Climate change and Sustainable Energy” program promotes the regional cooperation of the Central Asian countries on climate change related issues. In 2015 CAREC supported the preparation process of Central Asian countries to the 21st Conference of the Parties on climate change and organized a side event in collaboration with REC in Europe, in which representatives of five Central Asian countries took part. Countries expressed their national position, priorities for adaptation, mitigation and capacity building.
CAREC seeks to unite the efforts of stakeholders on adaptation measures and mitigation of climate change in the Central Asian region. Therefore, this year CAREC is planning to participate the upcoming 23rd Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC, to be held November 6-17 in Bonn, Germany.
For more information on the COP23 click here: