A new stage of cooperation between the State Agency of Environment Protection and Forestry of the Kyrgyz Republic, UNDP and CAREC
CAREC in the Kyrgyz Republic has won the tender of the UN development Programme to support the State Agency for Environmental Protection and Forestry of the Kyrgyz Republic (SAEPF) in finalization of the strategic document on national priorities for the conservation of biological diversity and the plan for implementing these priorities.
The main goal of the cooperation is to update the National Priorities and Аction Plan for biodiversity conservation (NBPAP) in accordance with the requirements of the Convention on biological diversity (CBD) and Aichi targets*, based on National Goals of sustainable development of Kyrgyzstan.
Updated priorities and action plan will be served as key instruments for transformation of the objectives of CBD into national actions, including integration biodiversity into legal, institutional and information framework, as well as attracting adequate financial sources for biodiversity conservation.
• Revision of the National priorities for conservation of biological diversity of the Kyrgyz Republic for the period up to 2024, taking account of requirements of CBD and Strategic development documents of the Kyrgyz Republic
• Revision of the action Plan for the implementation of priorities of the biodiversity conservation of the Kyrgyz Republic for 2014-2020, taking into account recommendations of the Ministry of Economy and Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic and achievements of the UNDP project "Initiative on financing for biodiversity"
• Analysis of legal acts on environmental protection and forestry to implement the concept of ecosystem services with the preparation and coordination of Proposals for the implementation of "ecosystem services" to the legislative documents
• Conducting consultations at a high level with participation of deputies of the Parliament and key ministries and departments
• Conducting consultations at the level of regions and districts, the implementation of measures to improve the capacity of national experts, which are responsible for the implementation of the Convention and other instruments of nature protection
Follow the updates on our website.
*The special international conservation objectives adopted in Aichi city, Japan