Astana will host the international conference on the opening of CAREC country office in Kazakhstan
April 12, 2017, on the eve of the international exhibition “Astana EXPO 2017”, Astana will host the international conference focused on the issues of "green" economy in Kazakhstan and the benefits of "green" regional cooperation in Central Asia, dedicated to the opening of the country office of CAREC in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The purpose of the conference is to acquaint the participants with the experience of Kazakhstan in the areas of "green" economy, discuss the benefits of transboundary partnerships in the region, and share the success stories and experiences of CAREC in these areas.
The event will be organized by CAREC in cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Memorandums of understanding with the Ministry of Energy and Agriculture will be signed during the conference.
It is also planned that the conference will bring together CAREC’s national partners such as representatives of the Ministries of Foreign affairs, Energy, Agriculture, Economic development, Labor and social security, Education and science, Health, as well as the deputies of the Majilis of the Parliament, members of the national democratic party "Nur Otan" and international partners: EU, USAID, the OSCE Programme Office in Astana, World Bank, GIZ, UNEP, UNDP, UNECE, UN ESCAP and others.
The priority issues of cooperation between CAREC and the Government of the RK in the field of "green economy", water and climate, sustainable energy, the EXPO-2017, the Paris Agreement, the health and the environment will be discussed during the thematic sessions. Moreover, the contribution of CAREC to the implementation of national policies, programmess and priorities of the Republic Kazakhstan will also be considered:
1. "Progress and priorities for cooperation in the "green economy" in the context of sustainable development in the Republic of Kazakhstan and Central Asia: new opportunities, benefits and advantages of regional cooperation.
2. Leadership of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the "green economy" and relations between national, regional and global processes on the "green economy."
3. International Exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana and CAREC initiatives on EXPO 2017/parallel thematic events.
4. The state program of water resources management: providing water security in the Republic of Kazakhstan and improvement of water resource management through the CAREC mega-projects: Smart Waters supported by USAID, CAWECOOP supported by EU and Fostering Water, Energy, Food and Environment Security Nexus Dialogue and Multi-sector Investment in Central Asia.
5. Climate change, sustainable energy and the implementation of the Paris Agreement and CAREC mega-project «CAMP4ASB».
6. "Achievements and strategic development in the field of environment and sustainable development in Kazakhstan and Central Asia: the place and role of CAREC".
Please follow the latest updates on our website. For more details, please contact Ms. Shynar Toilybayeva, Director of CAREC country office in Kazakhstan:+7 (7172) 552016, e-mail: email@example.com
Photo from the main page: Bayterek tower. Image by Megan Eaves / Lonely Planet