REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: Central Asia
Project Id: P151363
Project Name: CAMP4ASB
Loan Info.: IDA D0940
Assignment Title: Consultant (Firm) to facilitate policy dialogue and building technical capacity of the Central Asian network of delegates attending the UNFCCC COP26
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): Contract Ref. CCSE-2020-C-005
The Regional Environment Centre for Central Asia (CAREC) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the GRANT #D094-7C «Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Program for Aral Sea Basin» (CAMP4ASB), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Consultant (Firm) is expected to develop and perform capacity building exercises for members of national UNFCCC delegations of the Central Asian countries, assess their effectiveness, as well as to facilitate the process of formulation, consideration and agreement of a joint regional statement for the UNFCCC COP26. The Firm will also provide support in active participation of the delegations at COP26 meetings.
· Conduct a series of online trainings for the 5 countries of Central Asia;
· Support in developing a joint regional statement for COP26;
· Ensure active participation of the national delegations at the COP26.
Detailed Terms of References is available at:
or by e-mail: SMustafin@carececo.org
CAREC now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
· Experience in negotiations at UNFCCC COP events and in organizing/facilitating high-level events at the global environmental/climate forums;
· At least 10 years’ experience in capacity building (trainings/courses) on climate-related aspects of policy, regulations and international relations;
· At least 5 years’ experience of working with national ministries, government agencies, academia and civil society in the countries of Central Asia;
· Proven experience of working with UN Agencies and MDBs, including other international funds and bilateral donor institutions;
· Strong contacts with state and non-state climate actors in EU countries and beyond;
· Language skills in English and Russian.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
Consultants may submit their EOI as an individual firm or in association in the form of a joint venture or sub consultancy. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the experience of sub-consultant will not be considered while short-listing. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on Consultants' Qualification (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The best qualified and experienced firm shall be selected and only this one selected firm shall be asked to submit a combined technical and financial proposal.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 (Almaty time).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by July 06, 2020.
The Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia
Attn: Sanzhar Mustafin, Procurement Specialist of CAMP4ASB project
40, Orbita-1, 050043, Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan,
Tel: +7(727) 265 4334, 265 4327, 265 4342 (ext.111)
 Dependent on the date and circumstances of the forthcoming CoP26
 Incl. youth and civil society organizations